Tuesday 7 November 2017

Michael’s Wings (Original Sinners 6.3) by Tiffany Reisz



Release Date: November 7, 2017
253 pages
Publisher: 8th Circle Press
Buy links: Amazon US | Amazon UK

Blurb

Griffin has just popped the question—yes, that question—and Michael doesn’t have an answer. He flees town for New Orleans to see his confidante and sometime-Domme, Mistress Nora. Will a weekend of beignets and beatings help him untangle his knotted-up heart?

Thus begins Michael's Wings, the eponymous novella that kicks off the latest entry in Tiffany Reisz's LAMBDA Literary Award-winning* Original Sinners series.

This companion collection to fan-favorite The Angel also contains six previously-published stories starring Mistress Nora's favorite angel and Griffin—his master, his true love, and the sexy-as-hell bane of Michael's existence.

Review

Anybody following my reviews will be well aware that I’m a huge fan of Tiffany Reisz’s books, with the Original Sinner series being my favourite by a mile. And if you forced me to pick favourite characters from the amazing cast in those books, I wouldn’t hesitate for even a heartbeat before naming Griffin and Michael. These two men stole my heart when I first read The Angel (Original Sinners #2) and despite the wide variety of books I’ve read since that day, they remain my favourite MM couple. I could give you about a million reasons why that is the case, but maybe it’s easier if you just read my reviews of the book. Yes that’s plural. Not only did I break the habit of a lifetime and reread the book, I also re-reviewed it. You can find them here and here.

As for this story…. I could rave about it for at least a thousand words, but I won’t. In fact I’m going to keep this review nice and short, if only because I’m sure that anybody who’s read the Original Sinner’s book won’t need me to persuade them to pick up Michael’s Wings. And if you haven’t read the earlier series, you really should do that first, before you pick up this delightful collection.

Michael’s Wings was everything I hoped and expected it to be: touching, sexy, funny, irreverent, engrossing and utterly wonderful. And of course it was also exquisitely well written. I don’t think Tiffany Reisz could write a story about these two men that wouldn’t charm the socks of me. I’d lose myself in a trip to the grocery store with these two. So when the title story brought me (and Michael and Griffin) an even happier climax to their already happy ending, it was like a one way ticket to my own personal version of heaven.

I mean what’s not to love? I got to spent time with Nora, while she helped Michael get his head around the idea of marrying Griffin through some rather unorthodox but very kinky methods. In fact, the only thing better than the Michael and Nora combination was Michael and Griffin together. The gift and answer Michael gives Griffin is perfection, as is Griffin’s reaction to it.

This wouldn’t be an Original Sinner’s story if it didn’t come with plenty of hot and very kinky sexy times. And yet, as always, the story is about so much more. It’s about family, about friends who are as close as family, about being there for each other, and ultimately about recognizing and accepting your future because it is everything.

“If there’s even the tiniest way of making you more mine, one more way of owning you, one more way of keeping you tied to me, I want to do it, and I want to do it yesterday. I know that sounds possessive, but that’s kind of our thing, right? But you're smart, Mick. You know you own me as much or more than I own you. And that's exactly how I want it."

Michael’s Wings takes up about 30% of the book. The rest of it features a selection of earlier short stories featuring Michael and Griffin. If you are a fan, you’ll recognize them because you’ll have read them on Tiffany Reisz’s website. Trust me when I say that reading them again was a pure delight. Having them all together in one volume now may well be the best Christmas present I receive this year.

Long story short: Michael’s Wings is an excellent addition to the Original Sinner’s series and a must read for anybody who’s read and loved those books.

Still my favourite



No comments:

Post a Comment